Hello Everyone!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CotMHBlu7

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi!

So I am new to Aquarium Advice. I've been keeping fish again for about a year now. A little under. I have mostly bettas, but I also have a community tank with female bettas (a sorority), a Golden Wonder killifish pair, a Painted Platy pair (and two batches of Platy fry in a separate tank, lol), four Lyre-tail Guppies, an Albino Bristle-nosed pleco, three Ghost Shrimp and two Zebra Nerites. I just got one of the Zebra Nerites and pleco today. Still too much algae. I use Nerites with my bettas because they can handle the aquarium salt.

I have a five gallon with only Red Cherry Shrimp and snails. I have four Mystery snails: One purple/black with stripes, one Golden, one blue and oddly enough, a red one! And no it's not pink, or purple, or magenta... It's RED. I can't believe I found it at Petco and there weren't any others that color! It's so pretty. But I also have a red ramshorn snail, and two Malaysian Trumpet snails.

Then in my backyard I have a mini pond with three goldfish. They are just feeder goldfish but they are pretty!! One of them actually changed colors. It seemed like overnight!! I'm not even joking... He was BROWN. ALL. BROWN. The last time before the change I saw him, he was brown! His name is Mr. Brown for crying out loud!! Well, now Mr. Brown is Mr. Black with orange around his face!! And I mean this goldfish is B L A C K ! ! ! ! With a bright, deep orange. He literally looks like Darth Sidius goldfish! What happened? When I first saw him I thought someone snuck in my backyard and put a goldfish in with mine, hahahaha!! No joke. I was literally in shock. Trying to figure out howwwww??? Crazy. Fish are crazy creatures. I know bettas change colors and Koi change colors but I didn't know feeder goldfish could turn black. Cos I've never seen a black one before. Almost all black. He's actually very beautiful.

But yeah, sorry for rambling. I'm Kelly. Nice to meet everyone!!

Back
Top Bottom