Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-17-2013, 10:34 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post
Hi and

Do you know about fish in tank cycling? There are several articles here on AA to help with it!

Do you own a test kit for Ammonia, Nitrite and NitrAte and pH?

What kind/size filter do you have? Are you doing partial water changes?

Does your friend have and extra sponge/filter pad to share to help build up BB / Beneficial Bacteria for the filter for you?
Do you mean like fish less cycling and fish in cycling?

I have a test kit for ph, nitrates and nitrites and my friend checked my ammonia for me. (they are the liquid tests because I've read that the strips are bad. is this true? )

I have a aquaclear 150 (well I think it's called a 30 now) that I got a few years ago and it was used in my turtle tank. I've was doing 10% water changes ever other day for the 2 weeks that I've been cycling it (fishless) and yesterday I got 3 mickey mouse platies and I did this drip acclimation thing that the guy I bought them from recommended. do you guys do this?

I didn't think that you could take someone's filter sponge and the bacteria would live, I thought it would die, but my tank is cycled now I think but when I get my new tank is will do that

Noah12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com