Hello everyone,mic to join a forum for my fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oklahoma girl

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My fish are doing well:fish2: but I seem to have a growing problem my red gravel has black stuff,mold or Alge I'm not sure as I have not ever encountered this before. First of all what can it be?:banghead:I've tried to clean it away but it comes back:hide:

Welcome to AA!

Do you keep it clean and also stir it up at every water change? Rocks and decor will sometimes turn black on the bottom and sides of it. Not sure why?? I'm thinking it's the gasses that get trapped when there isn't enough water flow touching it. It poses no threats to the fish or the water that I now of.

Welcome to AA!

Do you keep it clean and also stir it up at every water change? Rocks and decor will sometimes turn black on the bottom and sides of it. Not sure why?? I'm thinking it's the gasses that get trapped when there isn't enough water flow touching it. It poses no threats to the fish or the water that I now of.

Ty I will make sure to lift up the ornaments to release any trapped gases when I clean.

Back
Top Bottom