hello everyone. new to the hobby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paxdaddy

Aquarium Advice Freak
My wife and i decided we would get my son a fish tank for his 2nd birthday because he is so fascinated with fish. i knew it would be a job for me to take care of it so i read as much as i could before setting up. longs story short it has been a couple of months now and I am HOOKED. i am always looking at new things that i would like to try. anyway. i was hoping to get input or suggestions. for my tank. thinks like how it looks... do i have too much decor? anything would be appreciated. thanks

46 gal. bowfront community tank

marineland penguin hob filter

sponge filter with airstone for more biofiltration.

stocked with:
8 zebra danios
3 head/taillight tetras
1 red minor tetra
1 gold dust molly
4 gold barbs
1 black kulhi loach (given to me)
1 peppered cory
1 red finned shark
1 small pleco
about 10 ghost shrimp

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 84
Thanks I've been checking the site out. Lot of info and seems like a lot of friendly people willing to help

Your tank looks nice. The stock list looks fine except I'd get another 2-4 cories for company. Have you found out about python for water changes yet?

Yeah I had 5 red minors and 4 Cories but I've had some fish that haven't made it.

Hi and welcome to AA(y) Decor is a personal thing as every one is different as are the fish we keep:fish2: I would say you could add a little more if you wanted to:)

Thanks I just wanted to make sure I wasn't crowding the tank with too much decor. I have to keep the little goofy stuff (a turtle a starfish a clownfish and a reef thing) in there for my son because he picked them out. Not very natural looking but he likes them.

As long as the fish have adequate swimming room, decor is a matter of taste. If you like it, then it's fine. As far as your son's decorations, same applies. After all it's 'for him' :whistle:, :ROFLMAO: Incorporate it into the decor and watch his interest spike when he sees them in the tank. :)

Looks like a nice setup, I like all the decor, dont change any of it for at least the next couple weeks, I like to change mine around, I mostly have lots of rocks in my tank.

didysis said:
Looks like a nice setup, I like all the decor, dont change any of it for at least the next couple weeks, I like to change mine around, I mostly have lots of rocks in my tank.

Thanks! I have been looking around for some good slate pieces. I want to make some Rick caves. Can you post pics of your tank?

I think it looks awesome and I've been following some of your post when first said something about getting one for your son... Mine has always wanted "nemo" n after 5 years now I have finally got one... It all takes time and effort and LOVE for your fish :) keep up the good work

J19Reynolds said:
I think it looks awesome and I've been following some of your post when first said something about getting one for your son... Mine has always wanted "nemo" n after 5 years now I have finally got one... It all takes time and effort and LOVE for your fish :) keep up the good work

Thanks a lot. Yeah my son loves fish and he loves finding nemo. Some day I will have a saltwater tank. I just thought freshwater would be easier to start since I'm new to the hobby. Like I said before the tank was for my son but now I am hooked. It actually bugs my wife because she says it's all I look at on the Internet and I talk about it all the time

cichlid.greenhorn said:
Welcome to AA!! Tank looks great, good work I bet your son loves to stare at it.

Thanks! He does , he even says good night to them when he goes to bed!

Ya I can do so, I just need to get around to it. I am playing with lighting right now and just took everything out to do a new setup but I have pics of my old one. I need to take a buch and plan to just have not done so.

Tank is a bit dirty here, I just got a new filter that makes it look amazing, still not a bad pic though. Just over all water needed more filtering. This was with only one 48inch bulb running also, because of this sad pic ill take some tonight

Thanks! I have been looking around for some good slate pieces. I want to make some Rick caves. Can you post pics of your tank?

Attachments

• Fish tank.jpg
    Fish tank.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 289
Back
Top Bottom