Hello Everyone - Oldie Newbie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MartyMA

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi AA -

Just returning to the hobby I enjoyed many years ago. Very experienced back in the day - some 20 years ago - but some things have changed. Basic stuff, not so much. I went looking for a small betta tank to add some life to the condo and of course was overtaken by all of the new tank configs. Saw and fell in love with the little, bitty fluval edge 6g. Cute design for sure. Ordered one on line and it came in good shape. Here is where things get dicey and somewhat tragic...Mistake #1 - had a spot picked out for the tank but thought it would not be sturdy enough. Moved to a better spot but forgot to see if it was level. Found out after the tank was filled. Off by a hair. Not a big problem but will have to drain down to a bit to reposition. Just stupid. Mistake #2 was a doozy. I was topping off using a glass measuring cup. Just finishing and setting down the cup and #!@# banged the edge of the tank in front :facepalm:. Now I have an arrow shaped ding right that appears to be nothing more. No cracking, no leaking and at a point where I think it will not have much pressure. I am trying to get over this :banghead:. No, I would not return it saying it was damaged in transit. Not my style. I will live with the consequences. Doing the cycling thing (this is new to me) and working on getting the water color from orange to clear. Boiled the driftwood like crazy but not enough apparently. All will be well. Still super excited about starting up again. Thanks for reading this.

Back
Top Bottom