Hello everyone soon to have a new tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

big jim

Aquarium Advice Newbie
First off I'm new here. I saw alot of great posts in regards to sharing info and thought I should just register and become part of the community.

I will soon be getting a 50 gallon hexagon tank. Basically someone I work with is practically giving me the tank, stand, lights, filters, etc for free. He no longer uses it. I figure why not put it to use.

I'm looking for suggestions as to what i should house. i want to keep it freshwater. I know Hex tanks aren't the best for many reasons, but I'm thinking small fish species, and live plants.
I haven't made up my mind yet but I am researching a bunch of things.

I would appreciate any ideas you may have. Might bring up stuff I haven't thought of. Please share

Thanks

Welcome to AA :) Good for you for doing your research first. in my signature, you will find a link with info on cycling your tank without fish... that willl be the first thing you need to do before adding any fish.

Welcome I am sure you will enjoy your 50 hex as much as I do mine. You can always go with one angelfish and a smaller school of mid level fish and a few cories. The hardest part of having a planted hex is the lighting but with a little creativity it can be done.

Welcome I am sure you will enjoy your 50 hex as much as I do mine. You can always go with one angelfish and a smaller school of mid level fish and a few cories. The hardest part of having a planted hex is the lighting but with a little creativity it can be done.

Thanks!
What sort of plants did well? And what kind of lighting did you use? I still have yet to see the tank I'm about to get.

Back
Top Bottom