Hello fellow fish friends

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ashbby

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi! Ashley here! New to this app and already loving it!!! I have a 40 gallon bow front community tank with 3 hillstream loaches, 2 siphadon gobies, 2 electric blue rams, 1 cherry shrimp, 2 velvet blue tiger shrimp, and a bright red Mexican dwarf crayfish! Recently I have been adding flourish supplements to my tank for my live plants, do you think the iron I've been adding could agitate my fish? I noticed just this morning that my big male ram was "flashing"? No signs of stress, redness around gills, just got my water tested this morning and everything came back just peachy... thoughts? IMG_6655.jpgIMG_6687.jpg

That's awesome fish look absolutely amazing and you really have no problems with the Mexican Dwarf? If your fish are acting completely fine should be okay should read the warning to make sure it doesn't affect any of the fish really shouldn't need it if you have easy growing plants I never need to add anything because of my lighting does plenty for the plants

Thank you so much!!! I don't think anyone understands how much it means to me aquarist to aquarist saying "your fish look great" ahhh! I swear I stress over them more than they stress about anything! Hahaha I put a lot of hard work and efforts into everything so I can't tell you how much that meant! So I have a finnex planted 24/7 LED light, along with very easy care type plants. So based off what you're saying I think I'm going to lay off with the plant additives for awhile here and see if that has any effect on this situation. If it worsens I'm gunna take him in to get a scale scraping and see what kinda heartache I'll be put through next LOL. And yes the dwarf crayfish is such a little sassy man! Hahahahaha! Him and my big male ram love each other, they race to get to the biggest bloodworms first and have quite a comical relationship. They are super mindful toward each other and have never seemed to pick on anyone to a point where I think it's harmful or needs separation. I have lots of caves, crevices, ect which I think might help to being able to live happily in a community tank together. My dwarf crayfish has quickly become one of my favorite freshwater critters thus far.

Here are a couple shots of the less shy out and about today at lunch heheIMG_6757.jpg

IMG_6761.jpg
Dwarf crayfish in back sorry about the blurry photos they're quick when they're eating ha ha

They look amazing Ha love the fancy way you hold the cucumber down that's a new way to do it

They look amazing Ha love the fancy way you hold the cucumber down that's a new way to do it

Lol the zucchini and cucumber will float away if I don't do it that way hahah but everyone in the tank really seems to enjoy their veggies

Lol the zucchini and cucumber will float away if I don't do it that way hahah but everyone in the tank really seems to enjoy their veggies
Ha yeah I know I have the exact same hassle but all my fish are weird all my bottom dwellers go every where they actually rather have it floating around. Very smart idea to do that though

That's too cute hahah! All fish just have their own personal way is all I'm finding out. I could see how chasing it would be fun for them. :)

Haha it's more like a roller coaster how I have lots of places for things to float and sink constantly the one fun little pets is the Dojo loach they are so fun to play with if want a little buddy the one thing is them sucking on your hand and getting petted haha

Haha it's more like a roller coaster how I have lots of places for things to float and sink constantly the one fun little pets is the Dojo loach they are so fun to play with if want a little buddy the one thing is them sucking on your hand and getting petted haha

That is just amazing. I love how friendly he sounds. The loaches are too cute. You should get a pic of the loach playing with your hand ha ha!!!! It's so cool how some of them actually beg/ demand attention!

Haha yeah no problem I'm at work right now when I get off I can. Oh yes the weather loach when she see my hand in there goes right towards it sucking on it to play and my fatty the gold Dojo he swims all berserk wanting food ha

Thank you so much!!! I don't think anyone understands how much it means to me aquarist to aquarist saying "your fish look great" ahhh! I swear I stress over them more than they stress about anything! Hahaha I put a lot of hard work and efforts into everything so I can't tell you how much that meant! So I have a finnex planted 24/7 LED light, along with very easy care type plants. So based off what you're saying I think I'm going to lay off with the plant additives for awhile here and see if that has any effect on this situation. If it worsens I'm gunna take him in to get a scale scraping and see what kinda heartache I'll be put through next LOL. And yes the dwarf crayfish is such a little sassy man! Hahahahaha! Him and my big male ram love each other, they race to get to the biggest bloodworms first and have quite a comical relationship. They are super mindful toward each other and have never seemed to pick on anyone to a point where I think it's harmful or needs separation. I have lots of caves, crevices, ect which I think might help to being able to live happily in a community tank together. My dwarf crayfish has quickly become one of my favorite freshwater critters thus far.
Sorry for taking so long haha don't help they move a lot as well. There you go fatty is the big boy and the little girl you could tell who she is she thinks my tattoos are always food for some reason ha

Attachments

• 1503284668135.jpg
    1503284668135.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 41
  • 1503284674123.jpg
    1503284674123.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 45
  • 1503284682945.jpg
    1503284682945.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 42
!!!!!!! That is incredible! Your loaches are awesome! Holy moly and fatty is huge! Ha haaaa!

!!!!!!! That is incredible! Your loaches are awesome! Holy moly and fatty is huge! Ha haaaa!
Haha I work at a farm so one thing I do very well is get things very fat sad part he isn't a year old yet ha the little girl she is two years. You would love them probably get two so won't be so lonely but trust me you will fall in love and they do absolutely amazing with my barely born fries when ever my fish have any

Haha I work at a farm so one thing I do very well is get things very fat sad part he isn't a year old yet ha the little girl she is two years. You would love them probably get two so won't be so lonely but trust me you will fall in love and they do absolutely amazing with my barely born fries when ever my fish have any

I love em! They are precious. They look so happy too. I will most certainly be looking into some new loach friends now! Yippee

I love em! They are precious. They look so happy too. I will most certainly be looking into some new loach friends now! Yippee
I love weather loach but the gold Dojo are my favorite all yellow and kinda big haha just warning you that you will fall in love I usually feed them blood Worms, pellets, just a bunch of things by hands they would be the most friendly easy to take care of Ha

Back
Top Bottom