Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-20-2017, 03:51 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Hello fellow fish friends

Hi! Ashley here! New to this app and already loving it!!! I have a 40 gallon bow front community tank with 3 hillstream loaches, 2 siphadon gobies, 2 electric blue rams, 1 cherry shrimp, 2 velvet blue tiger shrimp, and a bright red Mexican dwarf crayfish! Recently I have been adding flourish supplements to my tank for my live plants, do you think the iron I've been adding could agitate my fish? I noticed just this morning that my big male ram was "flashing"? No signs of stress, redness around gills, just got my water tested this morning and everything came back just peachy... thoughts? Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6655.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	257.8 KB
ID:	302861Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6687.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	252.3 KB
ID:	302862

Old 08-20-2017, 04:16 PM   #2

That's awesome fish look absolutely amazing and you really have no problems with the Mexican Dwarf? If your fish are acting completely fine should be okay should read the warning to make sure it doesn't affect any of the fish really shouldn't need it if you have easy growing plants I never need to add anything because of my lighting does plenty for the plants

Old 08-20-2017, 05:15 PM   #3

Thank you so much!!! I don't think anyone understands how much it means to me aquarist to aquarist saying "your fish look great" ahhh! I swear I stress over them more than they stress about anything! Hahaha I put a lot of hard work and efforts into everything so I can't tell you how much that meant! So I have a finnex planted 24/7 LED light, along with very easy care type plants. So based off what you're saying I think I'm going to lay off with the plant additives for awhile here and see if that has any effect on this situation. If it worsens I'm gunna take him in to get a scale scraping and see what kinda heartache I'll be put through next LOL. And yes the dwarf crayfish is such a little sassy man! Hahahahaha! Him and my big male ram love each other, they race to get to the biggest bloodworms first and have quite a comical relationship. They are super mindful toward each other and have never seemed to pick on anyone to a point where I think it's harmful or needs separation. I have lots of caves, crevices, ect which I think might help to being able to live happily in a community tank together. My dwarf crayfish has quickly become one of my favorite freshwater critters thus far.
Old 08-20-2017, 05:22 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Tank of the Month Award

Welcome to AA!
I want to see pics of the gobies.
Old 08-20-2017, 05:26 PM   #5

Here are a couple shots of the less shy out and about today at lunch heheClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6757.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	253.6 KB
ID:	302868
Old 08-20-2017, 05:32 PM   #6

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6761.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	152.5 KB
ID:	302870
Dwarf crayfish in back sorry about the blurry photos they're quick when they're eating ha ha
Old 08-20-2017, 05:32 PM   #7

They look amazing Ha love the fancy way you hold the cucumber down that's a new way to do it
Old 08-20-2017, 05:34 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by garvic43 View Post
They look amazing Ha love the fancy way you hold the cucumber down that's a new way to do it

Lol the zucchini and cucumber will float away if I don't do it that way hahah but everyone in the tank really seems to enjoy their veggies
Old 08-20-2017, 05:36 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbby View Post
Lol the zucchini and cucumber will float away if I don't do it that way hahah but everyone in the tank really seems to enjoy their veggies
Ha yeah I know I have the exact same hassle but all my fish are weird all my bottom dwellers go every where they actually rather have it floating around. Very smart idea to do that though
Old 08-20-2017, 05:38 PM   #10

That's too cute hahah! All fish just have their own personal way is all I'm finding out. I could see how chasing it would be fun for them.

Tags
fish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com