Hello fellow fishkeeps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

slavic

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Everyone, nice to meet you on this forum. Hopefully I'll be able to bring my own share of usefulness to it and take your collective experience's benefits as well.

I've only purchased my first tank 6 days ago from a classified. It is my first ever fish keeping "business". It had one Raphael catfish in it of about 13cm (5"). Being a total newbie in the field, I cleaned up the substrate and aquarium glass, poured fresh tap water (added a very little amount of dechlorinator in it) on top of the remaining couple of liters of water that I didn't drain completely from the tank. Then went and bought 6 more fish: 2 demekins, 2 fantail goldies and 2 pearlscales roundies. The next day I read a lot of material about nitrogen cycle and proper aquarium maintenance. I understood that I screwed up a little with mine. Fortunately, all my fish are alive and are moving pretty well around the tank (120 liters, 30 gallon) except for the catfish who only moves around at night, but I never saw him eat anything. Maybe he doesn't like my gray sinking pills (branded Tetra) that I bought and so I bought some sinking pellets today - maybe he'll like them tonight.

Hopefully all of them go harmlessly through the cycling process and in the meanwhile I try not to feed them too much (I'm not sure ohw much is too much though :) )

Once again, good day everyone and any advice on what I can do to make sure my pets stay sane is always appreciated.

welcome to AA. the raphael is nocturnal, and i almost never see mine eat. just toss some food in after lights out

Back
Top Bottom