Hello fellow reefers and marine aquarists

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Coralreefer1

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone,
Just want to say hi to all and give a short history of my venture into the fascinating undersea realm recreated on a much smaller scale as close as our living room.

I have been in the tropical, African and Marine Aquarium Hobby since I was in High School, many moons ago. I have had atleast one tank up and running since that memorable day.

My experience absorbed from many years partaking in this alluring, entertaining and educational wonderland known, none other than, as the saltwater world have not only enabled me to be successful in the hobby, but allowes me to offer help and trusted opinions to fellow reefers on many aquarium sites as well as to customers who walk through the door at the two pet shops I have worked for. I am still working at a very large and diversified pet shop where I clean tanks, feed fish, unpack fish shipments, observe all live stock for health concerns as well as help other aquarists needing help with all aspects of the hobby from husbandry requirements, compatibility, care, water parameters, equipment, diet, parasites, viruses, lighting and more.

I have written many articles for Associated Content and other forums. I read alot of books and online articles, plus the hands on experiences with my tanks and at the pet shops attributes to my knowledge in the hobby and success.

I currently have three saltwater tanks up and running. Two of them(125 gallon and 14 gallon Biocube) are reefs while my75 gallon is a fish only.
The 75 gallon houses a Sohal Tang, Hardwicki Wrasse, Pink Tail Trigger and a 3foot Snowflake Eel.
The 125 reef has various hermatypic and ahermatypic corals, Yellow, Naso and Tomini Tangs, Six Line Wrasse, Randall's Goby and a Azure Damsel. Cleaner shrimp, two urchins, numerous Serpent and Brittle Sea Stars, Sea Cucumber, Two Michael's Pistol Shrimp, various snails, Electric Blue and Halloween Hermits and a Strawberry Crab.
14 Gallon Biocube houses a Purple Pseudochromis, striped serpent star, assorted zoanthids, Kenyon Tree leather, Finger coral, Chili Coral, Porites, assorted mushrooms, Purple Reef Lobster and Two Ultra Maxima Tridacna Clams.
I run a refugium(hang on) on the 125 with a AquaC180 skimmer, LED Lighting and a 20 gallon sump.
75 gallon runs on a Aqua C Remora Pro skimmer and Power Compact lighting.
Biocube has the standard pump with live rock instead of bioballs for better filtration and nitrate reduction. I use Koralia powerheads of various sizes in all my tanks.

That is basically it in a nut shell!
Again, I am glad to be here and help out in any way I can and also learn more about the hobby as well from you seasoned vets and neubies alike.

Happy Reefing and Happy Holidays to you and yout families!

Now, I will answer any questions...LOL
:dance:(y):whistle::brows:

Coralreefer1 said:
Hi everyone,
Just want to say hi to all and give a short history of my venture into the fascinating undersea realm recreated on a much smaller scale as close as our living room.

I have been in the tropical, African and Marine Aquarium Hobby since I was in High School, many moons ago. I have had atleast one tank up and running since that memorable day.

My experience absorbed from many years partaking in this alluring, entertaining and educational wonderland known, none other than, as the saltwater world have not only enabled me to be successful in the hobby, but allowes me to offer help and trusted opinions to fellow reefers on many aquarium sites as well as to customers who walk through the door at the two pet shops I have worked for. I am still working at a very large and diversified pet shop where I clean tanks, feed fish, unpack fish shipments, observe all live stock for health concerns as well as help other aquarists needing help with all aspects of the hobby from husbandry requirements, compatibility, care, water parameters, equipment, diet, parasites, viruses, lighting and more.

I have written many articles for Associated Content and other forums. I read alot of books and online articles, plus the hands on experiences with my tanks and at the pet shops attributes to my knowledge in the hobby and success.

I currently have three saltwater tanks up and running. Two of them(125 gallon and 14 gallon Biocube) are reefs while my75 gallon is a fish only.
The 75 gallon houses a Sohal Tang, Hardwicki Wrasse, Pink Tail Trigger and a 3foot Snowflake Eel.
The 125 reef has various hermatypic and ahermatypic corals, Yellow, Naso and Tomini Tangs, Six Line Wrasse, Randall's Goby and a Azure Damsel. Cleaner shrimp, two urchins, numerous Serpent and Brittle Sea Stars, Sea Cucumber, Two Michael's Pistol Shrimp, various snails, Electric Blue and Halloween Hermits and a Strawberry Crab.
14 Gallon Biocube houses a Purple Pseudochromis, striped serpent star, assorted zoanthids, Kenyon Tree leather, Finger coral, Chili Coral, Porites, assorted mushrooms, Purple Reef Lobster and Two Ultra Maxima Tridacna Clams.
I run a refugium(hang on) on the 125 with a AquaC180 skimmer, LED Lighting and a 20 gallon sump.
75 gallon runs on a Aqua C Remora Pro skimmer and Power Compact lighting.
Biocube has the standard pump with live rock instead of bioballs for better filtration and nitrate reduction. I use Koralia powerheads of various sizes in all my tanks.

That is basically it in a nut shell!
Again, I am glad to be here and help out in any way I can and also learn more about the hobby as well from you seasoned vets and neubies alike.

Happy Reefing and Happy Holidays to you and yout families!

Now, I will answer any questions...LOL
:dance:(y):whistle::brows:

WOW awesome and welcome!! We at AA love pictures, if there isnt a pic it doeant exist lol;) I am starting my own saltwater tank, so i really appreciate yours! Welcome again

Hey well u seem rily experienced I'm not lol only been in fish for almost 2 years and I was wondering if u could go to my profile and read my first(only) post bout my tank and a pink tailed trigger I wanted to get please let me know whAt u think if u saw it or let me know if u couldn't see it thank any advice/critsism is apreciated thnx again
-Josh

Back
Top Bottom