Hello Fish keepers!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikabl

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hello and all,

Well, I Just got a 75 gallon tank and stand. I have wanted a tank since i was young, but time and circumstances never permitted it. I look forward to the learning process and am eager to start. So, I'm gonna read, read and then read some more. Then I'm gonna post newbie questions, and read, read and read more! :)

I do have some questions to start with. Is this the place or should I start a post in the getting started forum?

Anyway
Filters, I thinking about canisters, how is the Eheim pro 3 2078 filter regarded for a 75g planted community tank? How about the Fluvals?

Lighting, The "included" light is horrible. Even empty it's not bright enough for my eyes, let alone plants. What am I looking for in lights? LED, CFS, HID? Watts, Lumens, wavelength... So many choices.

So, my empty tank and stand are roaming around our house looking for a good spot to settle while I study. I want to do the system right, with thoughtful consideration and proper setup. I am willing to spend enough to do it correctly, but I'm not gonna break the bank either. So, Hello all, I'm off to lurk among the posts (y)

Mike

Welcome! Canister filters and plants are not something I have any experience in but I'm sure someone will come help you out! Feel free to ask any questions

Hello! Welcome to the forums. You'll find a lot of great information here.

I have a 36G planted, and love my canister filter. It's a Cascade Penn Plax 700, wish I went with the 1000. Lighting, I highly recommend T5HO. Take a look at DrsFosterSmith.com. For plants, take a look at ExtraPlant.com. Enjoy and welcome again!

Sent from my mobile aquarium device

Back
Top Bottom