Hello Fish world :D

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheNamelessPoet

Aquarium Advice Freak
My Name is Kevin,
I live in CT and im looking to start an underwater extravaganza. Ok that may have been exagerating a little, BUT, I had a tank when I was a kid and my parents had one as I got a little older (now at least i understand the importance of cleaning the tank)

I am looking to start a 15-25 gallon tank with just some basic fish. The primary fish (as odd as it may sound) that I would liek to put in the tank is Neon Tetras. I also would like 1-2 catfish and a plocostomas (spelling?). I would kind of line a snail as well but we seemed to have bad luck with them when I was younger and my parents always thought the plocostomas ate the snail since it never realy lasted more than a day or so... and its shell was always empty.

Any advice would be very helpfull. Will these fish all go together??? They did well, as far as I can remember, when I was a child but we also had angelfish (of which I do NOT like).

Welcome to AA!

We always recommend a larger tank, as the extra water volume is more forgiving to the newbie mistakes that everyone makes. So, the largest you can afford is the best route to go.

Depending on the types of catfish, I dont' see a problem with your stocking list. For the pleco, though, you need to get one of the smaller varieties. The general common pleco will grow way too big for a 25g tank.

Take some time to look around. I highly recommend you read through the Nitrogen Cycle and Fishless Cycling articles, which are linked below in my signature.

Oh, and plecos don't eat snails, there must've been a different cause for their demise.

Thanks a ton for the quick response. does it sould like a snail would be a good fit for this tank. my g/f is really the one who wants one lol.
Any idea where to get a smaller pleco? I honestly was just going to get the others at a local pet chain store.

Back
Top Bottom