Hello FishKeepers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrCory

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm new here just got on. I have kept many animals, my first being a puppy then some hamsters (Who had children....That they ate.) Then after all the hamsters passed away due to cats My sister started a fish tank when I was 7-8 years old.

Mostly home to platys, I think it was home to 2-3 mickey mouse platys and it was either a 10 gallon or a 15 gallon and now I have overtaken the hobby from her. My smaller sister was the first to restart with a betta, I then got in the hobby and started off with a baby betta named Captain Canada.

I started with a 0.7 gallon 4 months ago and I knew NOTHING. He passed away so I decided to do some research, then got another one named Elmo who actually just passed a week ago and we cremated him in the fire pit. But before he died he lived in that small prison of a 0.7 gallon for 2 months, then I got a 1 gallon tank and got a new betta on New year and you guessed it - his name was new year. He lived in that tank for a month til his life came to a end.

My sister the one that had the platy tank gave me her 5 gallon, well I also had a cory at the time who also went into the 5 gallon but when I was floating New Year He escaped the bag and died of shock. The cory was fine but lonely so I threw in Elmo.

Elmo had never seen a tank that big!I then a month later came to my mom with the idea I was goanna geta ten gallon She said Ok so I got one and I still have it now it is cycled. With the one cory in it and a Mystery snail named Louis.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, welcome to the forum :)

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon boraras ,bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.

Welcome! Don't worry, we have no shortage of opinions and suggestions here. :D It's a great place. :)

Back
Top Bottom