Hello, Freshwater Tank Owner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrcrackberry

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello,

New to the forum. I posted in the Freshwater Beginning sub-forum hoping to get some insight on my new 29gal tank.

Any feedback is appreciated!

Took a peek and now know why I didn't comment there. 99% of the time no one really wants stocking advice and arguments and denial ensues. Even though they know deep down there are problems or they wouldn't have posted at all.

Take Barlimans advice. Or mine that is to take back most of the fish and keep the rasboras and your Betta. Add some more rasboras and look into a smaller bottom fish for clean up.

Took a peek and now know why I didn't comment there. 99% of the time no one really wants stocking advice and arguments and denial ensues. Even though they know deep down there are problems or they wouldn't have posted at all.

Take Barlimans advice. Or mine that is to take back most of the fish and keep the rasboras and your Betta. Add some more rasboras and look into a smaller bottom fish for clean up.

A little presumptive and hyperbolic, ya think? I actually found Barliman's advice to be very helpful. I hadn't considered the Rainbow Shark to be an inevitable problem until his reply, and from that I'll likely be taking him back within the week. And as far as the smaller bottom fish, I did exactly that today and added some Julii Corys. All hope isn't lost man lol. And sure, ultimately it's my choice what to do but I definitely appreciate being steered in the right direction.

A little presumptive and hyperbolic, ya think? I actually found Barliman's advice to be very helpful. I hadn't considered the Rainbow Shark to be an inevitable problem until his reply, and from that I'll likely be taking him back within the week. And as far as the smaller bottom fish, I did exactly that today and added some Julii Corys. All hope isn't lost man lol. And sure, ultimately it's my choice what to do but I definitely appreciate being steered in the right direction.

FYI your Julii Cories are not true julii. They are 99.9% probably Corydoras trilineatus. True C julii are very rare in the trade. The lookalike species C trilineatus (3 Lined ), are sold as julii. There is a difference in their snout and markings.

Did you trade in the Emerald Cory( Brochis splendens)?

If you enjoy Cories, try to make sure you have a nice rounded sand substrate.

My C sterbai
IMG_2651.jpg

IMG_4487.jpg

FYI your Julii Cories are not true julii. They are 99.9% probably Corydoras trilineatus. True C julii are very rare in the trade. The lookalike species C trilineatus (3 Lined ), are sold as julii. There is a difference in their snout and markings.

Did you trade in the Emerald Cory( Brochis splendens)?

If you enjoy Cories, try to make sure you have a nice rounded sand substrate.

My C sterbai
View attachment 301030

View attachment 301031

Very interesting. I'll have to check out their markings when I get a chance. Still have the emerald cory. He's really grown on me and is doing just fine other than the Rainbow Shark that chases him. Rainbow Shark will be returned this week. I'll have to look into the substrate thing. Logic tells me that would involve taking out all the gravel, so that would have to be a project for another day lol. But I like the idea of it, I'm sure it would look more natural. Would be nice since I'm going with the whole Game of Thrones theme lol

I think you can kinda see the Julii (or maybe not) Corys in this picture bottom left.

Attachments

• IMG_20170701_2135056.jpg
    IMG_20170701_2135056.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 83

You are a breath of fresh air! Faith in humans restored.

Back
Top Bottom