Hello from a newbie!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LostTribe

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello!

My name is Caitlin, and I am rather new to the hobby.
I got into it because I won one of those goldfish and tried to do right by him. Of course, I learned of cycling and goldfish needs after it was too late. :[
Still, my roommates used my 5 gal tank and my filter and bought three fish and a frog. I still somehow ended up being the one taking care of them most of the time. Most of them died, save the Dwarf Gourami, Sampson, who is still alive. I officially adopted him from them and brought him home with me.

Since then, I purchased a 20 gallon and moved him into there. Once I knew the water quality was good, I added a Molly (named Quinn), and, a few weeks later, 5 Neon Tetra (unitedly named Nsync).

I'm still fairly certain I'm still not doing things in the proper order (like, I'm saving up to purchased a good heater for them - any recommendations? Any advice on how to do heated water changes?), but I am doing my best to give them a good life, and for the most part they seem happy and well. I changed the water 25% a week, feed them flakes mostly, with blood worms once a week.

I've read the posts on this forum for some time, and used its advice in moving forward with providing a home for my little fishies. Sadly, my reason for joining is that one of my Neon Tetra is suffering his first ailment (I believe it is a fungus, though I don't know what). This problem finally moved me out of lurker mode, so that I might search more specifically for answers for him. (Or her? I really can't tell with the tetra). Still, I hope to really be a part of the community now that I've joined!

So, again, hello! :wave:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom