Hello from Baltimore

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dabliggah

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hope everyone is ready for another round of newb questions as I am sure I will not disappoint (or I will depending on your perspective). My wife is the house aquarist and she has talked me into starting my own freshwater tank. After scouring craigslist around my area I couldn't find a tank/stand that was fit for our main living area where mine will be, so I broke down and took out the wallet for a new 55g tank/stand from Petco (oh well). My goal is to have a planted freshwater tank with tetra, dwarf guarami, and perhaps a shrimp or two to help clean the hard to reach places.

Not too long into my endeavor I encountered my first problem regarding lighting fixtures. My ZooMed AquaSun 48" fixture is really something like 50" long and doesn't fit under the canopy. Unfortunately the canopy is necessary b/c our cats like to snooze on top of my wife's tanks (main and quarantine) and have been known to crash through the glass tops! I'm going to make my first "help!" post to the hardware section soon regarding finding a T5 HO fixture that will fit under the canopy ...

See you all in the forums soon, who knows maybe some day I'll be helpful ...

--Jon

Back
Top Bottom