Hello from California!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CA_BroncoFan

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've spent quite a while viewing the threads and seeing what you all have to offer here and am very impressed.

I am not wet behind the ears but new to the world of aquariums/fish tanks. I have a bow front 38 gallon FW tank. I bought the whole set up (filter, heater etc..) at the local petsmart (for wayyyy too much btw) it is/was fairly dense with real plants. I had 4 different types of plants (couldn't tell you what kind) but 3 died. The 4th is flourishing and getting quite large.

I've got 7 neons, 5 black skirts, 3 gold barbs, 5 danios and a "zebra" Cory. I had a plecco but he got way too big (6") so I'm in the process of getting a new one (gave the big guy to a friend). I'm finished with getting anymore fish since I don't want to over stock it. I used to have 5 serape tetras and a sunshine gouarmi but they didn't fair too well for some reason.

I very much enjoy the hobby and spend quite a bit of time tinkering around the fish stores. I'm somewhat ready to move on to a few different projects (80+ gal tank and a Betta tank...really interested in aquascaping too) obviously not all at once though :).

I'm a 25 yr old former US Marine and a huge Denver Bronco Fan. I hope to bring to the forums as much and maybe more than I take away.

Ooh rah, welcome aboard! :)

Check out Bristlenose plecos, they stay small.

Back
Top Bottom