Hello from central Florida

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

keninfl6388

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello my name is Ken
I have had aquariums on and off for over 40 yrs fromas small as 5 gal to 125 gal
I Currently have 3 55 gal aquariums my wife claims them but i have to take care of them ;)
(1) has an assortment of comets and goldfish with a diy filtration system
(2) is a planted tank 1st try at this variuos tetras and snails plants are as follow
amazon swords,mondo grass,anachris,banana plants, & flame moss with a diy co2 system on a modified overflow and sump from a previous marine tank
(3) A Marine tank this is the newest it currently has 1 hermit crab, 3 damsels, 3 blennies my niece brought me from a trip to the beach and 1 what i think is a sea trout also from the beach trip it is filtered buy a diy refugium made from a spare 10 gal tank i had lying around
I will post pics of tanks in the next few days
As you will see from pics I am a diyer i usally build most of my filtration equipment rather than buy commercial I will got to my local aquarium supply store and look at things then go home and figure out how to diy what I need
I find It gratifying when i get it to built and it works just as good as the commercial version at a fraction of the cost of course there are faliures but that is how you learn my wife and daughters thinks i have to much time on my hands I enjoy the challenge :lol:

Back
Top Bottom