Hello from Colorado

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ManannanMacLir

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello! I am new to this site, but not the hobby itself. I used to have a 55 gallon piranha tank in Pennsylvania, and when I lived in New Jersey, I owned a 15 gallon tank with neon tetras. Recently I moved out to Colorado, and am looking to get a new tank, possibly a 37 gallon, because that is all I have room for. I gave myself this username because it is the name of the Irish pagan god of the ocean. (Poseidon and Neptune were already taken.) Hopefully, you guys can give me some good advice.

Actually, I live in the northern end of Colorado Springs, right off exit 158 (Baptist Road).

ManannanMacLir said:
Actually, I live in the northern end of Colorado Springs, right off exit 158 (Baptist Road).

cool :)

a couple tips, the Petsmart on North Academy near Gart Sports has an excellent fish stock - one of the best ive seen in chain stores. The Petco on Vickers and Academy should be avoided. And SeaScape Aquatics on Union and Academy is a really good small store with really nice people - they can special order all kinds of things for you and carry a lot of speicalty products that the big stores dont.

tbonem91 said:
ManannanMacLir said:

cool :)

a couple tips, the Petsmart on North Academy near Gart Sports has an excellent fish stock - one of the best ive seen in chain stores. The Petco on Vickers and Academy should be avoided. And SeaScape Aquatics on Union and Academy is a really good small store with really nice people - they can special order all kinds of things for you and carry a lot of speicalty products that the big stores dont.

Thank you for the tips. Yeah, I've been to the Petco at Vickers, and it looks a little shady. I was also thinking of joining the SCAS (Southern Colorado Aquarium Society). Do you know anything about it? Is it any good? Another thing: a guy at a local fish store told me not to buy a tank from a Petsmart because their tanks aren't the best...he said that they bought out an aquarium manufacturing company and now mass produce fish tanks, but they only last a few years before they start leaking. Do you know if this is true?

I just found the SCAS last week actually - their website seems to be deadish and I'm finding conflicting information on where the meetings are actually being held but I plan on trying to make it to the one at the end of the month somehow :) I have no idea about the tanks at petsmart - I got my 20 long there about 3 years ago and its still running great - no leaking or seams coming apart so far. SeaScape will put in orders to All-Glass for you and their prices are really good.

There are a few more fish places down south but I havent been to them yet.

Back
Top Bottom