Hello from Connecticut!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LyndaB

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi everyone, I'm Lynda (you probably figured that part out). :brows:

My husband and I have been keeping fish for 7 or 8 years now and we have 4 tanks between us.

Although I think that at the very beginning of this hobby, there is a huge learning curve and lots of stress, once you get to the point where your tanks are established, you understand the nitrogen cycle and disease, and you've done your best to correctly stock your tanks, you can just sit back and reap the benefits. I consider my tanks my "zen" and take great pleasure in interacting with my fish.

I hope to contribute wherever I can here and thank Marcie for giving me a heads up about this forum. (y)

:welcome:
Welcome to AA!! We are glad to have you!​

If you are friends with Marcie we are going to have to keep a close eye on you... :blink:

Hello LyndaB, it's nice to meet someone from CT as well.

May i ask where you go for local supplies and fish? I am by no means asking where you live, im always curious about new local shops to visit.

Welcome to AA!!!

I used to live in Rhode Island, they had the best aquarium shop i had ever been too till they changed management and got shut down. It was called creatures creatures creatures...they had every exotic thing you could think of, they sold alligators!!!

if both of you are in eastern CT or ever come to RI i know some great fw and sw shops i work for an lfs great selection of fw fish chiclids really good quality too

Awesome, I live in the southwestern part of CT, but i'm always up for aquarium trips, even just to check out new stores. Going to an aquarium store is like going to an actual aquarium for me. I'm actually planning a trip to the New England Aquarium now for my girlfriend and me.

lol keep in mind there not big but the quality is very good plus i take care of the tanks most days so everything is usually tip top shape

I swear by Waterbury Aquarium. They are at 406 Watertown Avenue in Waterbury, phone 203-757-3832. They just moved to this location and it's even larger than the previous location.

It's a one-man shop. His name is Chris and he knows his stuff. He has both salt and fresh species and also sells used tanks. His prices are really reasonable and he has a wide variety of stock. It seems like a hole in the wall when you see the place (he's pretty low key) but I highly recommend this store. (y)

I've been there many times, old and new locations. It's where i get my ghost shrimp from! His new place is great. He has a lot of things, and i really love giving my business to the mom and pop shops. I used to live right in the valley so it was nice going there. I actually have to get more shrimp come to think of it...i hope he has some, they are usually always out...lol.

I totally forgot that i am going to RI tomorrow. What area of RI do you work in?

Hi everyone, I'm Lynda (you probably figured that part out). :brows:

My husband and I have been keeping fish for 7 or 8 years now and we have 4 tanks between us.

Although I think that at the very beginning of this hobby, there is a huge learning curve and lots of stress, once you get to the point where your tanks are established, you understand the nitrogen cycle and disease, and you've done your best to correctly stock your tanks, you can just sit back and reap the benefits. I consider my tanks my "zen" and take great pleasure in interacting with my fish.

I hope to contribute wherever I can here and thank Marcie for giving me a heads up about this forum. (y)

Welcome, do you have saltwater or freshwater?

I have 3 freshwater tanks, my husband has 1.

I'm a little confused. In my profile, I filled out my aquarium info, however, I don't see where it appears anywhere. Is there something I need to set for it to be available if anyone wishes to see it?

I have 3 freshwater tanks, my husband has 1.

I'm a little confused. In my profile, I filled out my aquarium info, however, I don't see where it appears anywhere. Is there something I need to set for it to be available if anyone wishes to see it?

No, it is available, I just asked the question before I saw it I should have waited.:facepalm:

Back
Top Bottom