Hello from Dallas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Liggs17

Aquarium Advice Regular
I was feeling a bit stressed after work today (I teach 7th and 8th grade kids) so I decided to head over to my favorite stress-busting place: my local aquarium store. While at this store I overheard a gentleman discussing new african river cichlids that had recently arrived, and being a nosey person, I introduced myself to this gentleman and spoke with him. For the next thirty minutes or so, as he went throughout the store, I was hovering at his shoulder, asking this and that regarding the wonderful selection of fish my local store keeps.
Well, it turned out that this gentleman is a moderator at this site, and this came up when I expressed my wishes that there were an aquarium club to get together and discuss fish (the guy seemed to know just about everything regarding aquariums and was fascinating to speak with) and he told me about the site. After buying some bloodworms to fatten up my kribs (his advice), I shot home, logged on, and registered. I am extremely glad that I did, as this is one hell of a site!

Thanks for the welcomes. And no, nothing is wrong with eighth graders (or seventh graders for that matter) Rach101. They are, for the most part, bundles of energy that never stop , which I thoroughly enjoy (or else I would be crunching numbers or counting beans like all my friends) but there is the occasional, rare, almost-never-happens-day that they can wear me down :D

You see, there's this guy called Lando here. And when I get to use these..... :smilecolros: before he does to say welcome to someone like yourself, I get really tickled about it. :D

So, here's another shot with proper context. Welcome to AA! :smilecolros:

One serious note I gotta share - I so much admire folks who decide to teach our youth for a profession. You guys do not make enuf money. I feel it. I said it. And most importantly, I'm not running for any office.

Welcome again.

Thanks, Ray (this is your signature, right?). To be truthful, half the time I feel like I'm learning more from the students than they are learning from me.....but thanks, and I appreciate the compliments.

Liggs

Liggs17 said:
I overheard a gentleman discussing new african river cichlids... turned out that this gentleman is a moderator at this site,

Gee...wonder who that could be? :wink: Lucky you, bumping into Joe like that.

Welcome to AA.

Toirtis said:
Liggs17 said:
I overheard a gentleman discussing new african river cichlids... turned out that this gentleman is a moderator at this site,

Gee...wonder who that could be? :wink: Lucky you, bumping into Joe like that.

Welcome to AA.

That's exactly what I thought - lucky you!

Welcome to Aquarium Advice, Liggs :D

Back
Top Bottom