Hello from Denver!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

N1NJ0

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Greetings fellow fishkeepers! I kept fish for 3 or 4 years as a kid. My mom (and the guy at my LFS) assured me I was fine keeping my Oscar in a 20g tall tank. "he would only get as big as the tank will let him" they said. Well that all ended with a long story and a hole is Oscars tank (I'm sure this is a common name). He's still alive actually (in an acquaintances tank) and this was all 10 years ago. I recently acquired another tank fitting the same specs. I'm shocked my Oscar did so well for so long honestly. After removing the goldfish and other craps in it I decided to go for a planted low tech tank. I already have questions lol. Done a lot of reading in the last few months because I want to do this right. Hopefully it'll be a blast here!

Greetings fellow fishkeepers! I kept fish for 3 or 4 years as a kid. My mom (and the guy at my LFS) assured me I was fine keeping my Oscar in a 20g tall tank. "he would only get as big as the tank will let him" they said. Well that all ended with a long story and a hole is Oscars tank (I'm sure this is a common name). He's still alive actually (in an acquaintances tank) and this was all 10 years ago. I recently acquired another tank fitting the same specs. I'm shocked my Oscar did so well for so long honestly. After removing the goldfish and other craps in it I decided to go for a planted low tech tank. I already have questions lol. Done a lot of reading in the last few months because I want to do this right. Hopefully it'll be a blast here!

Welcome to AA! :welcome: What area do you live in? I can recommend some good LFS for you to use. (In denver also) :lol:

I'm not exactly sure what neighborhood this is considered Stapleton/parkhill/lowry ish. I've been to aquatic dog, Todd's tropical fish, and I loved Jersey johns when it was around, but his advice wasn't perfect I guess lol. I'm looking for plants, and I would love any and all advice though!

Glad you made it here and unbelieveable Oscar made it!

Welcome to the area!

Come to a Colorado Aquarium Society meeting, there is an active Killifish club too. The big spring auction was the 28th but there is a mini auction every meeting and great deals for very nice plants.

Gary Lange is coming this summer as a guest speaker. Very interesting and informative.

The fall auction is October 17th
Welcome to The Colorado Aquarium Society

Hi, welcome to the forum :)

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

If you ever make it down to the Highlands Ranch/ Littleton area Neptunes Tropical is worth a stop. Ive also head Aqua imports in boulder is incredible. Heading there this week to check it out.

Back
Top Bottom