Hello from east TN!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hal9089

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Growing up my dad had a 55 gallon o'dell tank that looked like the ocean to me as a kid.. I'm now 22 years old and have the very same tank in my apartment. I started out about a year ago with some gouramis and a silver dollar.. my gouramis passed and the silver dollar was all by itself for the longest time ..so I decided to add a peacock eel that was about 4 inches when I first got it. My tank started to grow insane amounts of algae and my silver dollar got ich.. And after no sight of petey my eel.. I figured everything was dead. After two months of an empty (or so I thought) tank.. I finally decided to clean it and start over.. After siphoning all the water and moving rocks by hand to one side of the tank.. My eel scares the **** out of me by wiggling all through my fingers. Petey is now about 6.5 inches long and healthy as a horse. And I just added a black convict cichlid as well as a ram.. They seem to coexist just fine so far..

Any advice/input is always appreciated!

Haley.

Attachments

• image-521841460.jpg
    image-521841460.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 46
Back
Top Bottom