Hello from england

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jamesg18

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone

I'm a complete newbie starting out, I have a 150l tank of which I have beginned cycling, being a newbie it's a bit hard to get a grasp on the art of cycling so stumbled across this forum and found some great answers, hope to here from some of you soon!
James

Attachments

• image-3383976726.jpg
    image-3383976726.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 62
Welcome to AA and glad you found us here :) . So do you feel comfortable with the nitrogen cycle now?

Mrc8858 said:
Welcome to AA and glad you found us here :) . So do you feel comfortable with the nitrogen cycle now?

Better haha , I read about the fish less cycle but after a discussion with someone at my local pet shop chose to do it with 4 Molly's, was this a wise move?.
I have only had the tank up and running a few days, and only had the fish in a day, they seem happy and active, tomorrow I will test the ammonia and go from there.
Thanks for the welcome guys!.

Either way works and if done correctly fish in cycles aren't harmful on the fish just need to do more water changes.

Jamesg18 said:
Hi everyone

I'm a complete newbie starting out, I have a 150l tank of which I have beginned cycling, being a newbie it's a bit hard to get a grasp on the art of cycling so stumbled across this forum and found some great answers, hope to here from some of you soon!
James

Hi,im a newbie from england too,good luck with your tank !!!

Thanks for the welcome :), good luck with yours too, I've found so much info on here it's unbelievable!!

Jamesg18 said:
Thanks for the welcome :), good luck with yours too, I've found so much info on here it's unbelievable!!

Yeah its a great site,im on preparing a 10 gallon for Crowntail Betta and maybe some corydoras habrosus later,once my Betta is settled in,found some great topics and advice on here :)

tropicalfishlady said:
Yeah its a great site,im on preparing a 10 gallon for Crowntail Betta and maybe some corydoras habrosus later,once my Betta is settled in,found some great topics and advice on here :)

Good luck with it, when its up and running be sure to upload some photos!! :)

Jamesg18 said:
Good luck with it, when its up and running be sure to upload some photos!! :)

Thanks James,here is my tank and good luck with the cycling,ive done cycling before so if ya get stuck,il try and help out if i can :) my tank

ForumRunner_20121114_224056.jpg

Jamesg18 said:
Hi everyone

James

Your tank looks lovely too,are those real plants ?

tropicalfishlady said:
Your tank looks lovely too,are those real plants ?

Yes they are :), where did you get your moonlight from? I want one for my tank but can't find any at my lfs?

Jamesg18 said:
Yes they are :), where did you get your moonlight from? I want one for my tank but can't find any at my lfs?

Thought they were real plants Elodea i think,ya can't always tell on pics.
They are built in with the tank mate,came with it,they are energy saving bulbs,one daylight and one moonlight,i think you can get them,mine are easy,u have 2 switches on top of hood tht contain the bulbs so its easy to switch them on.
Have you tried looking on internet as im sure you can get them,what light have you got fluorescent tube is it ?

tropicalfishlady said:
Thought they were real plants Elodea i think,ya can't always tell on pics.
They are built in with the tank mate,came with it,they are energy saving bulbs,one daylight and one moonlight,i think you can get them,mine are easy,u have 2 switches on top of hood tht contain the bulbs so its easy to switch them on.
Have you tried looking on internet as im sure you can get them,what light have you got fluorescent tube is it ?

Interpet do moonlight tubes in different sizes,mine is an interpet tank but mine are bulbs,i looked on internet and you can get the tubes if thats what yours are pluw you can moonlight Leds,although they are not cheap :)

Back
Top Bottom