Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-23-2012, 03:19 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Hello from Florida!

Hi all,

I'm new to keeping fish and have been reading these forums for a few weeks now trying to figure out what we were doing wrong and what the real truth is to keeping aquariums! After so much conflicting advice from several lfs, and our fish dying, I was about to give up. I found this community or wonderfully helpful people and we are now on the right track!

We saved 3 sunset platys from our first disastrous attempt (and a case of ich) and now with the help of a proper test kit (API) our fish are feeling much better. Needless to say we are in the midst of a fish-in cycle and testing daily for our 55 gallon and twice daily for my daughters 20 gallon which is almost completely cycled.

I just wanted to say hello and thank you to everyone for all the priceless advice!!! I now find myself holding back from correcting my lfs sales associates (haha!)

Old 08-24-2012, 02:29 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Glad to hear not everyone starts out with a perfect story.. Just like me. Im going to introduce myself soon then you'll know. It's embarrassing and horribly unmotivating when things go wrong. Good for you for pulling through and hopefully youll be all cycled soon!

Old 08-24-2012, 02:35 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Welcome to AA both of you there is always someone online willing to help it seems and If not give it a couple hours and we'll be there so feel free to ask anything whenever. Also.. where are the pics at! Lol
Old 08-24-2012, 09:19 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by msoceancrosser
Glad to hear not everyone starts out with a perfect story.. Just like me. Im going to introduce myself soon then you'll know. It's embarrassing and horribly unmotivating when things go wrong. Good for you for pulling through and hopefully youll be all cycled soon!
No definitely not a perfect story. A very long story which includes falling for a puppy after visiting multiple pet stores (lol), mad dash for a larger tank as we overcrowded my daughters first tank (a Walmart special), ich outbreak and yet another tank for treating them, and my 3 year old dumping an entire can of fish food in for my daughters Guppies. Oy!!

Thanks for the welcome. I can post some pictures later today!
Old 08-24-2012, 02:00 PM   #5
SW REEF 18+ YEARS
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award

Welcome aboard. We are glad you found us here at AA.

SITE ADMINISTRATOR

You can view many of my fish and corals in my photo albums in my profile.

View my tank

AA Community Rules|AA TOS

Forums 101 - posting, accounts, basics
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 04:55 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Welcome to AA! Hope you like the site so far!

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com