Hello from Florida!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KillingSin

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Greetings and Salutations fair fish-keepers...

My name is Jesse and I live in the panhandle of Florida. I was just minding my own business coming in from work one day to find that my wife had brought home a Betta fish from Walmart that my 3 year old son kept pointing at. Neither of us had ever had fish before so it was all new to us. First thing I did was buy a 2 Gallon tank and then I thought he deserved more room and bought a 10 gallon and then I thought man...this guy needs some friends... so we bought 3 Platty's, 3 Guppy's 3 Tetra's and one of them fellas who is always sucking on the glass. The tank I bought came with a filter and pump and some lights so I thought I was doing well... I was wrong. As inexperienced in having fish as pets we came to find out the hard way about the proper care needed to keep fish. One of the Platty's died on us. It was then that I started doing research and learned about Cycling and the proper healthy environments needed for fish to survive in. This all led me to you guys. I've been reading and reading and decided to join the forum. I purchased a used 29 Gallon tank and we are slowly acquiring the parts needed to do a proper fish-less cycle for our new friends (of whom we have become hooked to... I never knew how much joy could be had in just watching them). In the meantime I ordered a better filter for our 10 gallon tank and have been doing daily partial water changes to try and keep them healthy... we are saving for the AVI Test kit as well. So... that is where we are at in our new hobby... I really wish we would have studied it more before we bought those other fish and the 10 gallon tank but now we are just trying to make it all right. My wife and I are really enjoying it nevertheless. I will post more on our progress and be asking for advice along the way... our goal for the 29 Gallon is to have live plants and driftwood instead of the fake stuff we have now. Wish us luck as we try to get our 10 Gallon tank with all our new friends up to snuff with all them healthy bacteria's.

:thanks:

Hi Jesse! Welcome to the forum :)

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon boraras , red longfin bristlenose, bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.

Back
Top Bottom