Hello from Georgia!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mtwm

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm new to this site, and fairly new to aquariums. I have two 10 gallon aquariums (started off as only one for my daughter, then had to have my own). I'm afraid I'm now hooked, but will have to start out slow. I eventually want to have at least a 55 gallon aquarium, but for now, a 10 gallon is my max. I look forward to learning from those more experienced than myself.
In my 10 gallon tank, I have 1 betta (male), 6 neon tetras, and 1 nerite snail. I want to add 2 or 3 small corydoras. According to aqadvisor, adding 2 would bring me to 90% capacity, and 3 wound bring my aquarium capacity to 98%. I read that cories like to be in groups of 6. Is it okay to just have 2 or 3? Right now, I have small gravel, but plan to change to sand in a couple of months and add live plants. Any advice is appreciated! BTW - my betta is getting along fine with the neon tetras. I've researched and watched videos of male betta in community tank with tetras and cories with no problems. I will keep a close eye when/if cories are introduced to tank.

Last edited:
Welcome to AA, an no worries about getting to that 55, I started out with a 10g freshwater now Five years later, I still have said 10g but it's saltwater an about to be upgraded to a 55. Any questions you have, this forum can answer

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Welcome, we're glad to have you here! To answer your question, I'd say to upgrade to a 20 long. It's much easier to maintain and it'll be the first step towards that 55 :) Then you could get a group of small corydoras and up the school of neons. Hope this helped!

Welcome! you could do Pygmy cories. They are much smaller than other Cory species.

Caleb

Thanks

Thanks for the welcome! They Pygmy cory is what I was referring to, sorry that I didn't specify.

I had 2 corys and they just hid and didn't move. They really need at least 4 for them to be happy and active.

Back
Top Bottom