Hello from Ireland! Cichlid Newbies Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daznsheen

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello Everyone!
Hi guys!
We're Róisín (sheen) & Daz, living in Ireland! We recently got an aquarium from a couple that were moving countries.
Daz had a fish tank before but we both feel pretty amateur to the fish game, especially me, who only ever owned a gold when I was young! But we would love for our fish to live a happy life here in our family home. We would love some advice!
We have gone to a couple of "pet shops" and researched online but we find a lot of conflicting advice. So I will post here. Seeing as a lot of people are and also in the cichlids forum! Have patience please. I'm new to this forum craic and fish parenting!!!
So our tank has mostly cichlids, I will try and describe below and post a picture. We're not a thousand times sure of the breeds either so please feel free to help.
Also the set up in the tank is pretty temporary when we got it, it had one rock and a those elbow pipes. We have bought the fresh plants and we are currently boiling rocks as I type (which I could also seek some advice about??) So here we go.
Tank : 19 Gallon
Fish:
2x Maingano
2x Electric Yellow Cichlid
1x Bristle nose pleco (new)
2x Convict Cichlid (new)
1x Bronze Corydoras
1x Unknown

So the three fish that have new we just bought them the other day and introduced them. Hopefully you guys can shed some light on our tank, what breed they are, female, male, the dos and donts, what behaviours we should look out for. For example. One of our blue guys is currently pulling all the stones out under the rock. We were told he she is nesting?
We are feeding them cichlid sticks also. Thanks guys!!!!!!
I got as many pictures as I could, my guys are quick! (The first picture is of our little unknown friend, he was in the tank when we got him and looks in bad shape, although most of the fish leave him alone now,only buzz him away if he's in the way, he seems to stay at the top and swim about quickly, i worry if he's lonely!)

Sorry guys. No idea how to add photos yet, I have already added this post to the song place!! Ill try to get it up ASAP!

106262-albums14588.html

[mod edit: the link below works properly in web view or in a non-mobile browser]
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/members/106262-albums14588.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, welcome to the forum :)

70 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon boraras , red longfin bristlenose, bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.
7 gallon halfmoon betta and red ramshorn.

Back
Top Bottom