Hello from Kansas!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stratomom

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello, I'm Rachael and I currently reside in Wichita, KS. I'm a 40 year old mother of three and we have quite the zoo in our house - and not just from the kids. We have two cats, two snakes, a leopard gecko, and now we have the saltwater tank!

I have experience from years of maintaining a freshwater aquarium, but this is my first saltwater attempt. So far it seems to be going well... I started the tank toward the beginning of January and it has recently cycled. I traded in my damsels this past weekend for a new group of inhabitants (listed in my profile)...everybody seems to be happy at this point, so I'm keeping everything crossed that it stays that way. :)

I am fortunate in that there is a dedicated saltwater aquarium store here in town that is eager to help newbies get started...but I have turned to the internet for more information so I don't bombard them every day with questions. I have found this site to be very helpful! so I thought I would formally join.

Thanks for your time,

Rachael

Welcome to the site Rachael! That is quite the zoo you got! I am a freshwater guy myself but I wish you the best in your new adventure! There are plenty of salties on here that will give you some good advice.

Welcome to AA!

welcometoaa.gif

so many pople like Aquarium, and me too. but i am a freshmen for this. hope can learn more from everyone, thanks so much,

Hehehe I've lived in a zoo my entire life...oh my poor mom!
We had a snake once (was my sister's) - it got loose one day, and I found it in her dresser. I didn't know what to do. I was terrified of snakes, but my mom was even MORE terrified, so I just grabbed him and put him back in his cage. I'll never EVER do that again! *shiver*

Good luck with your saltwater tank! Can't wait to see how it's going!

Back
Top Bottom