hello from miami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Samantha_p

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was browsing the net when i stumble upon this great forum.i have a 150gal tank with 2 comon plecos, 5 goldies,4 angels 6 platys,2 silver dollars.i know some of you are gonna say that i shouldn't have gold fish with tropicals.{i think this is a myth}. i've had this set up for almost a year and all my fishes are doing fine,i do weekly water changes and have good fitration.I keep my tank between 78-82F .i think goldfish can eazily adapt to higher temps especially in places where is always warm like here in miami. i will like to introduce a baby pacu to my tank. but dont know of anyone thats had a pacu. what is the growth rate of a pacu and what foods do you recommend also is their a way to slow their growth rate. i hear the pacu is very peacefull,will he get along with my other fishes. any advice is appreciated;)

Welcome to AA. i wouldnt put that tank buster in there. they grow fast and very large.

pacu.jpg

Welcome to AA! I dont know where you got the info about the pacu but it is all wrong. The pacu is not peaceful. A pacu eventually would eat every other fish in your tank. The only way to slow the growth of a fish would be cruel.

Back
Top Bottom