Hello from Michigan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nervousdog

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Rob and I was reading this forum for about 2 weeks before signing up. I've learned a lot but I'm sure I'll have more questions. My wife and I are planning on getting a tank soon. We each had 10 gallon tanks as kids and really enjoyed them.

I haven't noticed many people from Michigan on here. Is it because we have so many lakes here people don't need to keep fish? :lol:

Rob

lmkbubblfsh.gif

to AquariumAdvice.com!!

Hi Rob, I'm from Michigan. I was raised in Ann Arbor and I'm still here to goto U of M. :)

Where in MI are you from? Any good lfs you recommend?

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Visting isn't quite the same as living here, but I'll count it if you can give me tips on some good LFS :lol: :lol:

Hey Chickadee, I'm waaaaay over on the east side. Chesterfield to be exact. Halfway between Downtown Detroit and Port Huron. I'm just getting started so I haven't been to very many stores. I'm only 7 miles from Wet Thumb Aquatics, I've heard they are very good. They have a huge variety of cichlids.

Rob

Fellow Michigander here

...only I'm from waaaaayyyy over on the other side of the mitten. Howard City to be exact. (waits for the blank looks....gets them) Yes a little blinker town right smack between Grand Rapids and Big Rapids.

Certainly took some adjusting when I got stationed in New Mexico I tell ya what...

Hey Rob,
From Detroit (Redford). In Atlanta now but I knew lots of people that had fish while I was growing up. There's a nice little exotic pet shop there with tons of fish called Savannah Pets...I think, if you arer anywhere in the area.

Grand Rapids, Michigan. Very new to the saltwater aquarium addiction. AA is a pretty good acronym, really.

Kalamazoo here too Gewitter. Yes, our water is terrible. I don't even drink it much less make my fish swim in it.

By the way hello all! I'm new here too. I'm currently cycling a 55 with a shipment of LR I received about a week ago from liveaquaria.com.

Back
Top Bottom