Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 03-26-2012, 05:47 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello from Oxshott, England

Hello all. I live in Oxshott, Surrey which is a small town about 30 miles southwest of London. I got my daughter a 29 gallon tank last Christmas and have been adding fish ever since. I started with 5 mollies, then added a few guppies, then some Dwarf Gouramis, a suckermouth catfish, four catfish (I think they are synodontis of some sort), and snail eating yoyo loach (Pakistani Loach), which I got to get rid of my snail infestation (after the three killer snails I bought couldn't finish the job by themselves). I also got 12 shrimp which I haven't seen since I got them. I know they are there as I found a couple of sheded skin this morning and my son told me he saw one during the weekend. I also recently found 5 baby mollies hiding in the plants, which I have now put in isolation in the tank. To feed them I also got an Artemia Brine shrimp breeding set from JBL (which my fish love!). So you can see that from being a newbie I am now hooked into my fish (I should say my daughter's fish tank) and have now 35 fish in my tank. Can't believe I got that many and that I am now a proud father of 5 little fry.

In any case, I have more questions than answers and will enjoy reading about your experiences from these forums. I also put a wifi webcam in front of my tank so that I can check the if the fish are ok from my iPhone when I am at work or travelling. Crazy, no?
Dalmen is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com