Hello From Queensland, Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vampyleo

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello All,

Figured I would get myself back in the world of having fish!
I've had 2 tanks since 07 then last year, something went wrong & I lost all my fish. Because fish are an expensive hobby I was annoyed with having to replace my whole tank & have just been letting the water run through & changing it every so often (it would be almost 10 months I have been doing this)

Now I'm ready to get back into it, but I'm going to need some advice.

I have a 60 x 18 x 22 (inch) tank so approx 5ft. I love tropicals & don't have the money to change from fresh to salt so I will stick with what I have.

I currently have a sunken ship in my tank & fake weeds. I'm not too keen on real plants again, I got badly infested with Snails a few years back & had to remove all the gravel & decorations out to get rid of them, as I wasn't keen on using chemicals unless there is no other choice.

I have a love of clown loaches, they are a favourite of mine & were only added to my first tank to get rid of snails!

So I am looking to slowly restock my tank, was thinking about clown loaches & silver sharks to start with & then work up from there. Any ideas?

So hello & feedback/ ideas/ input welcome!

:cool:

Welcome aboard. Please post your questions in the FW forums. You`ll get more answers there.

Welcome to AA.

Just keep in mind the possible adult size of the clown loaches is 12 inches and most sharks get about the same size or larger.

With a 5 foot tank you should be fine for a while. I keep 4 clowns in a [FONT=Arial, Arial, Helvetica]48 1/2 x 24 1/4 x 25 1/2 (120g) but they are still juvies and we have already made plans to re-home if they outgrow the tank.
[/FONT]

Thanks! I know the place to ask for questions if I want more answers!

Yes I know how much my loaches grew in the year and a half I had them! They went from about 5cm to almost 20!
I brought 6 today, only 5cm long. Good price too for them as sadly they can be expensive.

Will wait a few more days then I will add some sharks. For now that will do me until I make a choice on what I want to do.

I know they get quiet big, but I also don't know what else I want & would rather work around them! Plus I know many people into fish so I can always talk with them!

Hey there! A good friend of mine lives in QLD. I heard the weather is kind of nasty there in the north, sorry to hear that.

You'll find a lot of good advice here. Good luck with your new tank! Bet it's awesooome!

Back
Top Bottom