Hello from snowy New England!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ericwithac

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey Guys & Gals!

Just wanted to introduce myself to this great group of avid fish lovers!

My name is Eric and I currently reside in VT. My girlfriend just moved to CT for a new job, and we are planning a tank for her new apartment! We have purchased a 55 gal tank, and are thinking of doing a freshwater planted/aquascape tank.

We are both very excited and look forward to conversing with the folks on this forum regarding whats best for our tank. This is our first tank (of many i hope) and we want to do this the right way the first time.

Again, we have the tank, a filter and a light bar, but I know we will need a higher wattage light for the plants.

Does Anyone Have Suggestions for a less expensive light bar for our 55 gal planted tank?

In the coming days I plan to pickup a CO2 regulator and solenoid along with the required tubing, diffusers, etc.

Any insight on our new tank would be much appreciate! Thanks so much! We are so excited!

Finnex Planted+ ask Brookster123, Fresh2O, or another member that runs this light if you want some more help. I have a Fluval P24 which I believe is medium lighting.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Finnex Planted+ ask Brookster123, Fresh2O, or another member that runs this light if you want some more help. I have a Fluval P24 which I believe is medium lighting.

Thanks! I should have mentioned my tank is 48"

That says its only 35.6 watts. I thought i need 2-3 watts per gallon for an aquascape?

Welcome to you and your girl !! We are getting some snow in CT but I'm not complaining. Nor will I guess how much it will be, lol. Are you in the warning area in VT as well ? I have a longtime friend that left Fairfield county CT for Bennington. Anywhere near you ?

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

Welcome to you and your girl !! We are getting some snow in CT but I'm not complaining. Nor will I guess how much it will be, lol. Are you in the warning area in VT as well ? I have a longtime friend that left Fairfield county CT for Bennington. Anywhere near you ?

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

Bennington is about an hourish south of me. Im near Rutland, and I am from Glastonbury CT originally. We have a warning but are only supposed to get 6-8 inches starting tonight early morning.

The finnex Planted+ has a high PAR rating. With LEDs the wpg rule doesn't really count.

Read through the build threads in the planted section. Lots of people to help with your questions...they helped me go from 0 plants to 2 tanks with just plants in a few months.

Back
Top Bottom