Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-17-2015, 07:30 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Hello from south devon UK, seeking some advice :-)

Hi all, I recently started a 30 gallon tank and after countless hours of research I finally got my tank cycled and decided on zebra danios , chocolate mollies and some lemon tetras to begin with, as they are supposedly good starter fish.

I really don't want to overload the tank, i was thinking maybe bringing my danios up to 6, my mollies up to 5 and my lemon tetras up to 7 and then a few weeks later i plan on adding 5 cory cats.

I don't plan on adding any more after that, apart from perhaps a Nerite snail or 2 in a couple of months time.

Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks all

Old 02-17-2015, 07:32 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

Hi montyb:

The end result of your plan would be a fairly heavily stocked tank. It could be done, of course, if you have adequate filtration and aeration in the tank and are conscientious about your water changes and maintenance.

It would certainly be a good idea to bring the danios and tetras up to at least six each. The issue is the mollies; they could grow to 8 to 10cm, so six of them would be a lot for a 30 gallon tank. Perhaps hold the mollies to three for awhile and see how it goes? At that point you're probably looking at a choice between more mollies or the corys. Regardless, you'll have a better idea if you add more fish slowly over time and watch the conditions and density of your tank.

Congratulations on starting your aquarium!

-Yorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by montyb View Post
Hi all, I recently started a 30 gallon tank and after countless hours of research I finally got my tank cycled and decided on zebra danios , chocolate mollies and some lemon tetras to begin with, as they are supposedly good starter fish.

I really don't want to overload the tank, i was thinking maybe bringing my danios up to 6, my mollies up to 5 and my lemon tetras up to 7 and then a few weeks later i plan on adding 5 cory cats.

I don't plan on adding any more after that, apart from perhaps a Nerite snail or 2 in a couple of months time.

Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks all

Old 02-18-2015, 04:05 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Thanks for the advice, I had no idea the mollies got that big

I think I will keep it to

6 danios
6 tetras
2 mollies
5 Cory cats
Old 02-18-2015, 10:08 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hi, welcome to the forum

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp and snails
Old 02-18-2015, 10:17 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Thanks - will add some photos soon.

Tags
advice

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com