Hello from Southeast England

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

j0shcnk

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all,

I think it's safe to say I am an utter beginner to this and am entering into the world of amazing little freshwater tropical fish with some trepidation but just as much excitement!

I have a 30l Biorb flow currently with:

- 1x female dumbo fighter,
- 1x blue neon guppy
- 1x red neon guppy
- 1x flame guppy
- 1x black guppy

We started with the neons and a snakeskin but the snakeskin didn't survive the transition (water etc fine) and later introduced the others.

I hope to just learn..lots!

Oh and here are a couple of photos...

image-1455345806.jpg

image-3012079254.jpg

That's a lovely fighter u have there, I would be reluctant to house guppies with a fighter, I have heard that the fighters can be aggressive towards them

That's a lovely fighter u have there, I would be reluctant to house guppies with a fighter, I have heard that the fighters can be aggressive towards them

Hi,

Yeah we were told that make fighters have a tendency to be aggressive due to their long tails, but that females are fine. That's what I've found so far, but I have kept a weather eye!

Also...!

What am I supposed to do about my red neon constantly following/harassing the flame guppy?

Also (it doesn't rain but it pours!) I've just noticed the dumbo has stopped using one of her fins...I read it is due to stress..is there anything anyone suggests?

Do you know what gender your guppies are? If there mixed then you need at least 2 females for every male, they like to breed.... A lot!

They were all sold to me as males...so as far as I can trust the shop, they're male!

Back
Top Bottom