Hello from the hot hot city of Phoenix!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iMbuna

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey all, thought I'd say hi my name is Sam and I've been at this awhile but haven't really thought to join a community of any kind. I was researching recently and found ya all and thought I'd join up. I'm sure I'll come up with a question or two you might know the answer to or maybe I've got he the one your after.

My tanks are as follows:

125 gallon show tank with under gravel jets, sand, two Rena 4 canisters, 1 submersible pump, 1 internal circulation fan. Housing 4 Red Zebra, 3 Yellow Labs, 2 Auratus (both male yikes!), 1 Moorii (Kaiser II), 1 Demasoni, 2 Bumble Bees and 4 Yellow Tail Acei plus a slew of Yellow Tail Acei juvies (3/4" to 1 1/4") along with 1 Synodontis Catfish and a couple of Plecos.

55 gallon QT, bare bottom, HOB filter and a really lame volcano. Currently housing 12 - 16 Red Zebra fry and 1 amazingly effective Pleco.

And here's a couple pics

Attachments

• image-2661182977.jpg
    image-2661182977.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 68
  • image-755906536.jpg
    image-755906536.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 92
  • image-696629375.jpg
    image-696629375.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 82
  • image-1207714882.jpg
    image-1207714882.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 75
:welcome: to AA my african cichlid friend

You have mixed aggression in there. So as they get older the Acei and yellow labs and maybe some of the others may need removed keep a close eye on them.

Andrew McFadden said:
:welcome: to AA my african cichlid friend

You have mixed aggression in there. So as they get older the Acei and yellow labs and maybe some of the others may need removed keep a close eye on them.

Ya I know :( I'm really only worried about the Auratus and the bumble bees I think the rest will get along famously. When I bought the Auratus I thought they were female but they were just faking it at the LFS due to the existing dominate male and I had read an article that suggested females by themselves were doable, however not even 3 days later they both showed their "true colors" the bumble bees were a spontaneous buy, alas I guess I'll just have to get that third tank I've been putting off :p

Welcome! Your tank looks great! It makes me want to do a cichlid tank :)

Welcome aboard!! Andy knows his stuff he helped me out a lot with my tank of misfits lol. Enjoy the forum and awesome looking tanks.

Here's a shot of mine! I'm like a proud parent lol always gotta show a pic :)

image-127323755.jpg

Convict2161 said:
Welcome aboard!! Andy knows his stuff he helped me out a lot with my tank of misfits lol. Enjoy the forum and awesome looking tanks.

Here's a shot of mine! I'm like a proud parent lol always gotta show a pic :)

And a proud parent you should be! It's a stunning display! Thanks for the props and welcome....

Back
Top Bottom