hello from the new guy :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RedLeggedHermit

Aquarium Advice Freak
i have just got started in saltwater fish tanks after having had several freshwater ones when i was growing up. i honestly dont know a whole lot about keeping saltwater and i am hoping to benefit from the experience of much more seasoned aquarists. ive got a very basic understanding of how to care for a tank. but my water was from a well that came out perfect for fish and so i never had to worry about testing the quality of my freshwater ones. now i dont have so great of water so im trying to learn everything i can about what the requirements are for good saltwater water quality. any help is always appreciated. :D i recently bought a 29 gallon tank and set it up. then after about a week and a half (the amount of time i let my fresh water tanks cycle) the water quality test strips i bought said that everything was in good shape so i bought some fish who seem to be doing well. thanks again for any help you may provide.

Welcome the AA family! You may want to get yourself an API test kit. Those strips are useless IMO, once the bottle or bag is exposed to air I find the tests get less and less accurate.

Good luck!

Welcome the AA family! You may want to get yourself an API test kit. Those strips are useless IMO, once the bottle or bag is exposed to air I find the tests get less and less accurate.

Good luck!

i have noticed that as well actually. the colors on the strips when testing are getting less and less like the ones given on the bottle.

Back
Top Bottom