Hello from the Pacific NW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Atsy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey there, I am new to AA have been visiting other forums (my bad). I just started a 50 gal freshwater.

Filter: Haggen Fluval 406
Substrate: Sand
Current occupants: 4 honey gourami, 6 black neon tetras, 5 cherry shrimp (I think 1 got ate), and a rapidly decreasing population of blue velvet shrimp (down to 2 as of this morning) :( and Malaysian trumpet snails. I am currently adding lots of plants.

Really po'd about the shrimp issue, was told my gouramis wouldn't bother the shrimp, nope! They will eat anything and everything! They are little pigs! :banghead: Just trying to save the shrimp I have right now! That is my current on-going battle!

Cheers!

Attachments

• Resized 03232013.jpg
    Resized 03232013.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 43
Tank is looking good! Good luck with your shrimp, i had the same issue with aggressive gouramis...

Thank you. We just had to shift some things around, the filter wasn't working because of the sponge we put in it for the shrimp and I found a dead blue shrimp, no one had ate it, it was just dead. Who knows why. That really sucked, so now I'm down to 1 blue shrimp (that I can see), he scurried around the back of the wood but he might not make it through the night. :( Luckily there are still 5 cherry shrimp, I think one was ate after it molted and from now on we are only getting shrimp that are at 1", the blue ones were just way too small! That was the most expensive meal those darn fish will ever get!

Back
Top Bottom