hello from the uk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bm4pm

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hey everyone
im newby who has bitten of more than i chew . ive just started a fo salt water tank. put my first fish in and now the panic has set in. should off started with fresh water but there aint no turning back now.ive got a pair of clowns in there.

Hi,

Here's some quick reading for you.
Stock list and tips for maintaining your SW tank

How to cycle your tank with out the use of fish

Quarantine article

An Ounce of Prevention is Worth a Pound of Cure: A Quarantine Tank for Everything by Steven Pro

welcometoaa.gif

not posable

thanks
but unfortunatly thats not posable as i will be working 7 till 7 from tomorow till wendsday and cant get to the fish dealer.i was going to do a water change if amonia gets to high . what sort of levels do you recomend to do this?
thanks barry

Welcome aboard. Any ammonia level is lethal. You`ll have to do lots of frequent PWC`s and it will really slow down your cycle. What would have taken weeks will now take months. You `ll need plenty of patience. Dont add any fish till the cycle is complete.

ok thanks for the input i was thinking maybe i could put a small amount of live sand to speed up the cycle . would this help i was thinking a killo would this help?i was trying to stay away from live rock and sand and useing a canasta and a fluedized sand bed fillter. i have not got the sand bed filter yet.

Bagged live sand in a store isn't usually live by the time you get it due to it sitting in a warehouse and on a shelf for a long time. Live rock is probably one of the best methods of filtration in a sw tank. Although for a tank with fish you will have to get cured live rock so that you'll have less die off from the rocks.

Back
Top Bottom