Hello from the UK!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

senemedar

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi there.
I come from Poland, but for last few years live in the UK. I'm new to this forum and got interested in fishes in November 2010.
Recently I upgraded my 60l fish tank to about 100l (don't know exactly how big, looks a bit of a home-made to me and gentleman I got it from didn't exactly knew how big it is either).
As for now it's a bit of a mix in there, as my wife like's it colourful, so I've got:
- About 10 guppies (although not for long, I'm afraid, but that's in another post)
- 2 Gouramis (Dwarf and - recently - Pearl)
- 2 Neon Tetras
- 3 I-Don't-Exactly-Know-The-Name Tetras (they lovely and always tend to swim together, so we call them Triplets:D, kind of triangle in shape)
- 3 Balloon Mollies + 1 "Just" Mollie
- 1 Albino Pleco (the one with beautiful veils - again, don't remember the name; what kind of fish keeper am I??)
- Red-Tailed Shark
- 2 Yamato Shrimps
- 1 Apple Snail
- 1 Assassin Snail

The name's bit is a little frustrating, as most of the pet shops in my town doesn't really care for the fish names on the glass, so you don't really know what you have unless you ask, and again that is easy to forget when you don't put it down on paper.

Got a picture as well, hope you enjoy it :D
I couldn't find EXACTLY how many fish I can keep in my tank, as the values differ from site to site, and I didn't yet find the topic in here - maybe you could help me with that? Anyway, I don't plan to add any more fishes in the near future :)
As for water changing - about 10-15% every fortnight. I feed them with tropical flakes once a day every evening (I always try to get the same producer), plus I add a few pellets. From time to time I drop a bit of a frozen Redworms. The fishes doesn't die all at once, so I think I've got everything right :D

Oh, and the name's Michal :D
tank.jpg

I'm from the uk too! :D :welcome: If you post a picture of your tetras we can ID them for you, same with the pleco :)

I'm from the uk too! :D :welcome: If you post a picture of your tetras we can ID them for you, same with the pleco :)

Here goes then :D
fish-4.jpg

fish-6.jpg

That will be the Triplets.

And the Pleco (here cleaning my Apple Snail :D)
fish-2.jpg

Looks like black skirt tetras to me :) Here's an example of one from google.

blackskirttetra.jpg

For the pleco, I'd say it's an albino long finned bushynose pleco (which IMO is very pretty). The picture is an example of what I think you've got, although I may be wrong :)

Long%20Fin%20Albino%20Pleco.jpg

Thanks! I vaguely recall the 'Black Skirt' name, so you'll be right.
And the pleco from your picture looks exactly like mine! It's a beauty, isn't it? :)
Thanks again!

Cleggat said:
Looks like black skirt tetras to me :) Here's an example of one from google.

For the pleco, I'd say it's an albino long finned bushynose pleco (which IMO is very pretty). The picture is an example of what I think you've got, although I may be wrong :)

Ha in that picture the fish is pooping! Im so immature .

Welcome to AA BTW!

AquaKai said:
Welcome aboard! The pictures look fantastic! Great tank set up! I like it:)

I'm thinking on another setup already to be honest, I've seen some awesome "Greek" stuff at my shop...

Back
Top Bottom