Hello from top of Texas.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TexasGuy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just wanted to drop a howdy from Texas to all. I've been beeding bettas for 5yrs ( halfmoon plakats ,Halfmoons )and Apistogrmmas (10 ) species. I now keep Jagur cichlids and oscars and a few bettas. Into larger tanks and outdoor ponds. So hi all and thanks.

Welcome to AA what part of Texas are you in I am in Lubbock you don't see many of us Texans on here.

If it makes you folks feel better, I am a displaced Texan. I was born in Lampassas, and looking to move to Corpus Christi in a few years.

I love Corpus Christi! It's such a beautiful place.

You know what they say: "Once a Texan, always a Texan." :)

Regards,

Mike

I always say I like to vist other states but my roots hold strong to Texas,and I will always come back.

Tess

That's how it always goes, Tess. I lived in Phoenix for 6 years and look where I ended up once again. hahaha

Mike

I live 35miles out side of Amarillo on a small cattle ranch, been here for 35yrs now. Lived in Lubbock for 4yrs and then moved to the big D but moved back here when my dad died, took over his land and havn't left it in a life time it seems like. LOL

Howdy Tex! Welcome to AA! I have to say I prefer the big D's little brother. Big D has too much traffic.

I here you on the big D's little brother, the onlything is there so close togeather they mit as well be the same city, LOL never know when your leaving one and entering another. LOL I love my little spot on the hill over looking the river away from everybody.

On the state posting we all need to get it going, We;re the largest state here so our area needs to be the same size. LOL So let's get on it, see ya'll there

I don't think we are talking about the same Little Brother, Tyler is a 2 hour drive away from Dallas and is just slightly smaller in population than Amarillo (about 80,000 difference). I.E. the little brother remark.

You were probably thinking of Fort Worth/Arlington, but yeah they might as well be the same city so they don't count.

Last edited:
We have a plant out there in Hawkins Texas not far from Tyler that I visit once a month. I love the country..

Mike

Back
Top Bottom