Hello from UK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dawny11

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have just joined this site and hope that I can get ideas and I dare say help when I'm stuck. I am totally new to this hobby and am in the process of starting a marine tank. I began one about 6 weeks ago, had fantastic live rock in place and was testing each week in prep from the long awaited clown fish and nem. I went on holiday for a week and came back to find brown algea all over the tank. I treated with as advised by the local dealer, but things went from bad to worse so I have started all over again. Keeping fingers crossed this time and I'm not giving up!

Welcome to AA :) .... Sadly your lfs probably just wanted a sale.so they offered chemical treatment :/ you could have just done some water changes siphoning out the algae and give it a dark period since its empty still to kill off the algae and been a quick fix. Any questions you have bring them here first where no one is gonna make a profit from your decision ;)

Trust me you will meet wonderful people on here more then willing to help and even maybe locally. I've noticed more and more people in the UK joining so maybe you get lucky cause from what I hear getting rarer fish can be difficult for you guys across the pond : /

I hope so. I've waited so long for a tank that I'd be happy with a couple of cleaner shrimp at the moment! The first lot of live rock I had was full of life and I spent ages watching for movement and worms. Call me easily pleased I guess:lol:

I'm in Reading Berkshire, so if any other locals read this thread feel free to get in touch.

Your not the only one I enjoyed watching my one snail and amphipods that hitchiked in until I got my first fish haha this is an amazing hobby though and you should open up a build thread which will get everyone involved to keep you on the right track from start to finish

Welcome to AA! I'm from UK! Whereabouts are you from? Hope you like the site so far!

Back
Top Bottom