Hello from Wisconsin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Schu5t3r

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all,

A newbie here to both the hobby and the forums. I used the site a little for planning my tank and figured I might as well join the community for help and to help others in the future once I know more about the hobby.

Like I said before I am new to fish keeping. I've just always kinda had an underlying interest in fish and never really jumped on the fish train till now.

I just got my tank yesterday so I'm still getting stuff set up. Just have a piece of driftwood in there now, going today to get a few plants for some color.

Attachments

• 20130509_061450.jpg
    20130509_061450.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 52
Hello all,

A newbie here to both the hobby and the forums. I used the site a little for planning my tank and figured I might as well join the community for help and to help others in the future once I know more about the hobby.

Like I said before I am new to fish keeping. I've just always kinda had an underlying interest in fish and never really jumped on the fish train till now.

I just got my tank yesterday so I'm still getting stuff set up. Just have a piece of driftwood in there now, going today to get a few plants for some color.

Welcome to the forum! You just set the tank up and already added fish. Ah... The mistake we so often make in the beginning as I have done it myself. Your now doing a fish in cycle. Your gonna need conditioner, an API freshwater liquid test kit and be ready for a lot of water changes.

What's the media bag filled with gravel for? I'm guessing that's from some one else's tank maybe and your trying to "seed" the tank?

Here's a good article to read.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/fishin-cycling-step-dark-side/

Also something to mentioned is you might like a background like back or blue it will change the look of the tank drastically.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum! You just set the tank up and already added fish. Ah... The mistake we so often make in the beginning as I have done it myself. Your now doing a fish in cycle. Your gonna need conditioner, an API freshwater liquid test kit and be ready for a lot of water changes.

What's the media bag filled with gravel for? I'm guessing that's from some one else's tank maybe and your trying to "seed" the tank?

Here's a good article to read.

Fish-in Cycling: Step over into the dark side - Aquarium Advice

Also something to mentioned is you might like a background like back or blue it will change the look of the tank drastically.

Yeah, I knew going in that fish in cycle is the more labor intensive option. Going to be picking up the master kit tomorrow or the day after.

The bag is gravel in the hopes of seeding the tank. And as far as the background, it will be coming, budget is limited so I'm having to slowly build up decor, some plants and a background are the next things going in. Thanks for the input!

Back
Top Bottom