Hello, Great Forum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kz750rider

Aquarium Advice Newbie
img_1211336_0_35482098e2e5971990c7b9fe06b2cb4a.jpg
I was just surfing the web tonight looking for some info about .... tropical fish keeping ... of all things and came across your forum here .... looks great ! It's always fun to chat with like minded folks about your hobbies.

If you've read my profile you'll know I currently have four tanks up and running .... three ten gallon tanks with various goldfish for some of the kids in my life and a twenty gallon that I call my own. I like the twenty gallon but would really like to have a 55 gallon tank ... just no room in my small apartment. My girlfriend wants me to move in with her in her house ... that would solve the room for a larger tank but would create other issues .... lol But that's another story ;)

OK ... my tank setup ... it's a twenty gallon low. I am running a under-gravel filter plus a back filter. I have it decorated with a piece of petrified wood, a large lava rock, various plastic and real plants, some misc. seashells and rocks, and green gravel. I have a commercial background (that I don't really like) but everyone says it looks good so ...

Fish ... I have a red fire dwarf gourami (that's my favorite), a male and a female striped gourami, 3 Buenos Aries Tetras, a small pictus cat and a bristle nose pleco .... also a gold mystery snail.

I keep my fish on a varied diet of frozen brine shrimp, tetra-min flakes, sinking shrimp pellets, small floating cichlid pellets, and spirulina wafers.

I do a 30% partial water change at least every two weeks ... sometimes more often. I do use water conditioner to ease things up on the fish ... city water ya know.

Two weeks ago my fish got ick :confused:.... don't know how ... I lost my bala shark but the rest are all well now. I replaced the bala shark with the pictus cat. we'll see how that works out.

I would really like to give breeding some gouramis a try. I'm sure I can find lots of useful advise right here !!!:D

Last edited:
Bala sharks need a fifty five gallon at least, and the pleco needs no smaller then a thirty! And every tank gets ick at some point. Had my first case last week... Wiped out everybody but one little tetra. But since you are planning an upgrade you should be fine! Good luck! And how many goldfish do you have in each of those ten gallons? They are super messy and most people here say ten gallons per goldfish!

Back
Top Bottom