hello hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Welcome to AA (yes I know it sounds like a meeting), it's only my 15th day here but, I've learned something new every day. Some very knowledgable people are here.
In an emergency you can usually reach someone to help you in the chat room, I have.

Wow, a leak at 4am. I'd be freaking out and running around in little circles screaming, Ok not exactly but close. It does sound like a meeting, but then again.... I am addicted to aquariums now. Atleast that's not a bad thing. I had a feeling plecos grow fast. I was looking at the bushy nose pleco that you have and I really like him. And only growing to the Max 5" he should fit nicely in my tank. I'm going to checkout all my lps. Luckily we have quite a few around.

Wow, a leak at 4am. I'd be freaking out and running around in little circles screaming, Ok not exactly but close. It does sound like a meeting, but then again.... I am addicted to aquariums now. Atleast that's not a bad thing. I had a feeling plecos grow fast. I was looking at the bushy nose pleco that you have and I really like him. And only growing to the Max 5" he should fit nicely in my tank. I'm going to checkout all my lps. Luckily we have quite a few around.

Your lucky, I live in a small town and have to drive 3 towns north to get to the FS.
My Daughter and I were freaking out. Fortunately we had 15 2&1/2gallon empty water jugs for emergencies. So we had a quick place to put all the fish. The only reason we knew there was a leak was that the filters started making a horrible grinding noise and woke us all up.
The hard part was tearing down the tank and removing the old silicon and redoing the whole tank. When you get a leak you can't just patch it. You'll just get another leak. When I sealed the tank again I used silicone on the inside seams and the outside seams for extra precaution.
Now about the Bushynose Pleco, great choice. They are really fun to watch, like zippy little sports cars zigging around your tank. They come in the standard brown and Albino.
The only thing to be careful about with them is, don't buy one that is real small. When they are real young they are a bit fragile. And their mouths are tiny, so they have a real hard time with Algae wafers, even the mini wafers.
I've seen the Bushynose at places like Walmart and Petco and they are way to small to start with. Even the slightest change in your water can kill them.
That said, once they get to be 2-21/2" all that changes. and they become hardy little suckers (no pun intended). So when you pick yours out get the biggest one you can find. Then get the smallest wafers you can find. And make sure it says complete nutrition for all bottom feeders. Plecos will die of malnutrition if all they have is straight Algae wafer.
You have other fish so the Bushynose can eat their fallen leftovers for extra nutrition.
Also, Bushynose and Bristlenose are the same Pleco. I don't know why, but some FS call them Bushy and others call them Bristle.
Let me know how it goes, if you decide to exchange your Common Pleco for a Bushynose. I think you'll really enjoy having the Bushynose Pleco.
Have a good Monday,
Wendi

Ya I'm very cautious about my tank, a leak is the last thing I want. Thanks for the advise about the small size plecos, I didn't know anything about that. I'm hoping to find an albino one, ill be going to a lps today and see what they have. I just posted my aquarium picture at the FW showcase if ya want to check it out. Its called 29g saltwater themed freshwater tank.

Welcome to you and to me!!! =) I hope we'll grow together here... I know we'll learn a lot from them.

Back
Top Bottom