Hello Hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harlow

Aquarium Advice Regular
Good ol country town outskirts of Auburn IN
Hello everyone. I'm relatively new to keeping aquariums. Dad had a 75 gallon for over a decade while I was growing up, I've had a few smaller ones over the years, but I haven't considered myself to actually be an aquarium enthusiast until about 6 months ago. My wife and I ran out of bedrooms at our old house (that's what happens when you keep having babies) so we moved into a significantly larger one, and with the extra space I decided to begin keeping aquariums. I have 2 of them currently. Both are smaller, but I have put much dedicated time and effort into both. One is a 20 gallon which keeps a couple dwarf fire gouramies, a handful of neon tetras and zebra danios. It has a VERY efficient Fluval 50 filter system in it. It is very clean and clear, and looks terrific. I had that aquarium for about 4 months and felt confident enough to begin another one, but was kind of forced into doing on account of some overly playful albino Buenos Aires tetras who wouldn't quit nipping my gouramies. I'll go into the set up of that a further later I'm sure. Anyway, it was a 30 gallon tank, I was shooting for semi-aggressive fish. It held 10 tiger barbs, a pictus catfish, a large rhino pleco, and four albino Buenos Aires tetras. Thanks to a nasty ich outbreak, that tank is now empty.

I came across this forum while searching for an answer to a specific question and have found it quite useful. I thought it would be even more useful if I joined. As well as fun and enjoyable of course. Surely I will be on the receiving end of most advice until I have this aquarium stuff figured out a little better. I sure do enjoy it, and so do my kids.

Back
Top Bottom