Hello I'm bryan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mulch05

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi my name is Bryan I have just started the set up of my freshwater tropical aquarium. I am looking foreord to getting cat fish and plecos and tetras, and others that the wife wants. I have a sand base for my tank and it's already being a pain but I shall battle through thanks

Welcome aboard.

Sand bottom indeed can present more of a challenge then pebbles. More attention required vaccuming above it then just sticking the tube into the gravel. It also might take longer to clear out, I'm guessing yours is still cloudy. I was using a dedicated filter with micron cartridge to help clean the water initially.
Many stear clear of sand bottom for these reasons , but at the end I feel that the result is worth it. I really like how mine turned out.

Good luck!

Thank you very much for the advice. I'm still looking for a led light unit as the juwel vision 180 light has been butcherd so looking for an alternative that isn't to expensive. But still looking forward to the challenge thanks

Back
Top Bottom