hello, im new

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BetaBrene

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hy everyone! My name is sabrene, I live in California near Sacramento. I have 3 tanks, a 2, 5, and 10 gallon. I have 1 beta, 4 tetras, 1 suckerfish, and a red bellied toad. I'm having some problems with my beta tank, I've had it for about a year now and it's now growing some sort of black stuff in the bottom left corner, I have no idea what it is or where it came from, or if it'll hurt my fish. So that's how I found this site. If anyone happens to know what this stuff is or knows what I can do to stop it or fix it I would appreciate any advise. Thanks. I hope I will enjoy this site as much as everyone else. And learn some new stuff along the way. I love having fish and hope what I can learn will make it even more fun.

I don't know, it looks like mold almost. And there are some dark brown spots on the walls of the tank. I've never seen it before and I've had the fish for a year now.

Not yet. Would it be ok to empty all of the water? Ive heard that you are only supposed to do some. It's kind of coating all of the rocks in the left corner

Could you take a piture?

I asked about the snails because sometimes they leave a mess on the walls, but they might be able to clean it.

It's not necessarily bad it can be if it builds up enough. You should be able to just scrub it off with a toothbrush

Thank you. It's already been very helpful. I've had my tanks for a while but still feel like I don't know anything about it. : ) so having people to talk to really helps. I'm looking forward to meeting more fellow fish lovers!

Back
Top Bottom