Hello I'm new to aquariums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

soup

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, I have a 55 gal freshwater tank that I setup a week and a half ago, and I can't seem to get the PH right. It keeps rising to 7.0. I have 11 mollies and 2 angels.For filters I have a emperor 400 with the bio wheels and a whisper 50-60. and i already lost 2 fish. HELP!!

Welcome to AA :) I think your problem is that you didnt cycle the tank. Read the link in my signature on the nitrogen cycle first so that you'll understand how that works, then you can read up on cycling and what you'll have to do since you already have fish. If possible, see if you can take your fish back until your tank is cycled. Also, ph of 7 is not bad at all. Any ph between 6 and 8 that stays consistent is good. Dont use any chemicals like ph up or down or anything else that would alter the ph. Right now, while the tank is cycling, the ph will bounce all around anyways.

Welcome to the site, you came to the right place.

I agree, your tank isn't cycled, and your ammonia is probably pretty high right now. Read the link, as stated above, it will explain a lot. If you don't already have a test kit, it's time to get one.

your ph level is high.try to do 50% water change now and perform 30% water change in every 4 days until your ph goes to 6-6.5....

Back
Top Bottom