Hello my fellow fish enthusiasts.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smudge1983

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello from London ??

My name is Sam and I am new this forum and to the aquarium world.

Actually I lie when I say I'm ne to the aquarium world I had a tropical setup when I was in my early teens. But I had help now I'm on my own and have just started up my first tank. I have a 60 litre Tropical tank setup, with a triple filter. It's currently up and running and so far so good (touch wood ?) I have gone for as advised some hardy plants that look after themselves on the left side and some free space on the right with a few ornaments. I'm trying to sort out my heater and get the correct temp I'm looking at about 25-27c.

I have a started a short list of fish that I'd like to get started with which I'll start getting later on in the week.

Danios (Long fin Zebra, Pearl)
Dwarf Gouramis
Rosy Barbs.

I would like to arrange a short list that works with Ram but I've heard they can be difficult to look after so as a starter I might give them a miss for now.

So I hope this is a good introduction about what setup I have and what I'm looking for. I look forward to talking to you all in this forum.

Hello, I'm in Kent so not far away from you, welcome to the forum!

Hi and welcome im from kent too : )
Regarding tank mates with rams iv got in with my 2 rams, neons,ember tetras,guppies, bristlenose plecs, corys inc 2 pygmy types and assasin snails. Hope that helps

Hello, thanks for the welcomes.

Im really from Kent too, but because i work in London i just automatically say London.

Thanks for the info on the Rams, very interesting. Do you have any specail in the tank for the Rams? Hiding places etc?

a 60 litre is really too small for a ram,most people agreee on a 80 litre minimum

Smudge1983 said:
Hello, thanks for the welcomes.

Im really from Kent too, but because i work in London i just automatically say London.

Thanks for the info on the Rams, very interesting. Do you have any specail in the tank for the Rams? Hiding places etc?

Hi again, glad it can help, but basically my tank is quite heaverly planted with a big bit of bogwood with a big gap underneath. The rams like exploring every little gaps they can find, iv added a pic of my tank so you can see for your self. One of my golden rams is in the middle at the bottom and just came out from under the bogwood : )

Attachments

• image-1007540718.jpg
    image-1007540718.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 69
Wow that is on awesome looking setup. Mines a little bit smaller :))

I have been reading up all day(better then working) and like AlLexX says I think Ram might need a bigger setup such as yours which is a shame because they are beautiful fish but I will leave them to bad boy tanks like yours.

I'm basically looking for 1 or a pair of alpha fish the ones I can keep my attention on and a few little danios and something else that can look after themselves really. Now that the Ram (For the time being that is) is a no for my tank I have the idea of maybe a pair of Rainbow Dwarf Gouramis?

I have hopefully got heater on a steady temperature now which is cool. What temp would you usually recommend?

Back
Top Bottom